Thursday, November 12, 2009

SQL Server Names Instance installation

SQL Server Named Instance --- Connection issue

I have created a second instance in my sql server as MSSQL2, after the installation I tried to connect using the SSMS sql server management studio, but to my surprise i was given a error to check if the sql server exists or user details are correct.

The first instance connected without issues. But the second instance MSSQL2 will not connect.
I did check my authentication details, username and password.
I did check the sql surface area configureation details to see the MSSQL2 is online.
I did check the services to see if the MSQL2 is online.

But the issue was the sql server browser service was NOT online. When I brought is online i was able to connect without issues.

1 comment:

  1. the problem of data corruption in the files of specified format can be fixed by the recovery pdf utility

    ReplyDelete